Why this is important
The client is a leading supplier of highly specialized software and expertise for financial institutions and corporations. Our main product is a modular system that offers a complete solution for the investment management of banks, asset managers, and insurance companies. The basis for our complex software is comprehensive financial services know-how and a very good understanding of the individual requirements of our customers. More than 200 financial institutions all over the world use our software. As a global partner, we are continuously expanding our market-leading position.
The client is experiencing a substantial increase in business globally and to support our growth we are looking for a Global Support consultant. This is a truly global role, based in our Manila office. In this key role, you will work with all our clients across the world and provide business support and solutions to overcome issues encountered by these clients. You will also prepare examples for our developers to work on in our internal systems in case of code defects and cooperate with them to resolve the issues.
This interesting job offers you a unique opportunity to increase your knowledge and get experience on a variety of disciplines. You will find yourself working in a diverse and fast-growing environment for an international company with significant growth potential and career opportunities. If you want to contribute to our growth and develop in a professional environment grow with us!
What you will be responsible for:
- Defining, communicating and solving issues by liaising with, and acting as, the intermediary between the customer and their support teams, and the client’s developers and consultants.
- Investigating customer issues with a large focus on replicating issues internally and troubleshooting with the client’s technical teams.
- Verifying for and proposing workarounds for customers while their issue is being resolved.
- Documenting solutions to recurring issues in the internal knowledge base.
- You will maintain close contact and communicate errors & enhancement requests with local development staff and our colleagues in our central Development Division.
- You will have solid experience in either Front Office, Portfolio Analytics, Financial instruments (incl. instrument pricing), Corporate Actions, Settlement, Accounting/Fund Accounting or Data Management/Integration.
- You will be trained and mentored to become an expert in your field.
- You will be based in Manila and will be required to work on weekends/Public Holidays from time to time. Working extended hours might also be required on occasion.
- A degree in finance/economics/mathematics/computer science.
- 5 years experience within asset management, insurance, superannuation funds, funds management or custodian.
- Good communication & organization skills.
- You have excellent analytical skills and are used to working in a structured way.
- You are good at working on & prioritizing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Knowledge or high interest in financial issues – theoretical as well as practical.
- You are service-minded and have the ability to thrive in a time-sensitive setting.
- You enjoy working in a team