About The Role
A Senior System Architect is a senior-level professional responsible for designing and implementing complex, large-scale systems and solutions within an organization. Their primary role is to provide technical leadership and expertise in system architecture, ensuring that systems meet business requirements, are scalable, efficient, and maintainable.
Here’s a detailed job description for a Senior System Architect:
- System Design and Architecture: Lead the design and development of system architecture for large and complex systems, considering business requirements and scalability needs. Define system components, modules, interfaces, and patterns to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Technology Evaluation and Selection: Evaluate emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools to determine their suitability for the organization’s system needs. Recommend appropriate technologies for implementation based on the evaluation and alignment with business goals.
- Collaboration and Leadership: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, engineers, and product managers, to align system architecture with the organization’s goals and objectives. Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to the development teams and junior architects.
- Performance Optimization: Analyze system performance and identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement. Propose and implement optimizations to enhance system performance, scalability, and efficiency.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure that the system architecture adheres to security standards, best practices, and compliance requirements. Collaborate with security teams to implement necessary security measures to protect the system against potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Integration and Interoperability: Design integration strategies to ensure seamless interaction between various system components and external systems. Ensure that the system can interoperate with other systems, platforms, and services effectively.
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting: Analyze and resolve complex technical issues related to system architecture, collaborating with development teams as needed. Provide expertise in troubleshooting and debugging system-related problems to ensure system reliability and performance.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify potential risks related to system architecture and propose strategies to mitigate them. Conduct risk assessments and develop contingency plans to minimize the impact of potential failures.
- Architectural Documentation: Create and maintain detailed architecture documentation, including architectural diagrams, design decisions, and technical specifications. Ensure that the documentation is comprehensive and accessible to the relevant stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Communication: Communicate system architecture concepts and decisions effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, ensuring understanding and buy-in. Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and refine system requirements and incorporate feedback into the architectural design.
- Research and Development: Stay informed about the latest advancements in technology and industry trends related to system architecture. Conduct research and experimentation to explore innovative solutions and technologies applicable to the organization’s systems.
- Continuous Improvement: Advocate for the adoption of best practices, methodologies, and architectural standards within the organization. Encourage a culture of continuous improvement, learning, and knowledge sharing within the architectural team and the broader organization.
- 10 years or more of experience developing and designing .NET applications
- Proficient in evaluating architectural designs based on business requirements
- Experienced with .NET Core with an understanding of the underlying .NET processing pipeline and architecture
- Ability to set coding standards and enforce them for a development team through code reviews
- Knowledge of Object Oriented (OO) design patterns.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD).
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience developing unit tests.
- Experience with test driven development
- AWS serverless architecture experience
- Event Driven architecture experience
At Eastvantage, our mission is to create meaningful jobs. Through our portfolio of premium and select clients, we provide careers that are knowledge-based, inspiring, and always with the potential for development and growth.
We are an independently-owned outsourcing company with European roots, servicing global companies that have offices in every populated continent in the world. We have been in the industry for a decade, growing from a handful to over 1,000 happy employees over the years.
We invite you to navigate our site to get to know who we are, to see what sets us apart in culture and thinking. Because of this, we carefully select who we work with, both customers and co-workers, which is why people happily stick with us for a wonderful amount of time. We hope to convince you to apply with us and be part of our success story.