Why this role is important to us:
We are seeking an experienced cloud systems administrator to maintain essential platform operations for our global client base. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for; the availability and maintenance of our hosted platform, handling incidents and service requests, and providing Level 3 troubleshooting. You will also be required to gain a basic understanding of how the client’s application works in order to support your platform responsibilities. There will also be opportunities to assist with onboarding new clients and contributing to various projects.
What you will be responsible for:
· Manage support cases within the framework of an incident management process. Take ownership of cases reported by clients and provide support, down to Level 3, to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with the client’s platform.
· Complete regular maintenance and upgrade work such as Windows Server patching, infrastructure and application upgrades, license management, service and system restart and Virtual Server and SQL Server backup and restores.
· Action service requests for internal and external clients such as environment refreshes, data migrations, deploying Virtual Machine resources and installing whitelisted software.
· Skilled in PowerShell coding and working with code repositories such as Azure DevOps. Able to update ‘everything-as-code’ artifacts to fix issues, deliver new infrastructure and application services and to automate operational processes.
· Support the team’s security and compliance commitments for vulnerability monitoring and remediation, annual penetration testing, disaster recovery testing and completing audit checks of our processes and procedures.
· Deploy scheduled changes using continuous delivery tooling and automations within the framework of a Change Management process.
· Support projects to on-board new customers or improve our offering to existing customers and being responsible for our project deliverables such as deploying new infrastructure services or troubleshooting issues.
You will be required to work collaboratively across geographically dispersed teams and take ownership of operational incidents and processes related to the service we offer our clients. Troubleshooting skills are required to reach the root cause of problems and the successful candidate will be eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and skill set.
What we value:
Reporting Tech Stack / Environment: Microsoft Windows Server, .NET, IIS, SQL Server, IPSEC VPN, PowerShell. Microsoft Azure IaaS.
· Experience with Windows network/system administration including Active Directory Domain Services (DNS, DFS, GPO), Remote Desktop Services, IIS (incl. SSL Certificates).
· Knowledge and experience of core networking principles such as IP addressing, routing, VPNs and layer 3 and 7 of the OSI model. Able to apply this knowledge to manage firewalls (CheckPoint Cloud Guard), setup VPN tunnels and troubleshoot connectivity issues using network packet capture and analysis tools.
· Experience in PowerShell scripting and automation. Able to work with Azure PowerShell cmdlets and custom modules to manage Windows Administration.
Experience of Administering Microsoft Azure Public Cloud IaaS resources and have experience with some or all of the following:
o Virtual Machines
o Storage Accounts
o Key Vaults
o Load balancers
o VNET, subnets, NICs and route tables
o Public IP addressing
o Log Analytics
o BLOB Storage
Familiar with code hosting, collaboration and DevOps platforms such as Visual Studio Team Services, Git, Azure DevOps etc.
· Experience with cloud and infrastructure monitoring tools.
· Basic experience in Linux operating system to facilitate troubleshooting.
· Previous experience of working with DevOps best practices such as infrastructure-as-code and configuration-as-code to manage different aspects of operating environments would be an advantage.
· SQL Server administration and/or SQL query experience is beneficial.
· Experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
· ITIL (preferably v4) IT Service Management processes.
· Service Desk solutions such as SalesForce, RemedyForce, ServiceNow, JIRA or similar.