About The Role
About the job
We have an exciting opportunity to join us for one of our clients, a Paris-based startup working on the future industry standard for touchless building access control solutions. Their innovative solution, based on leading edge technologies, will allow you to gain experience with IoT, highly scalable Cloud Platforms, complex integrations via API and latest generation apps with carefully crafted UI/UX.
The company automates the process of securing residential building access and has several unique core features which are attracting enormous interest from within the industry. This has resulted in closing their latest round of funding which allows them to now ramp up their development and you will hold a key position in the engineering team as they move out of their MVP stages.
You’ll take on the exiting challenge to build from the ground up our web frontend app. Laying solid foundations, you will help us shape the team and organize ourselves into delivering “best in class” applications and experiences for our customers.
On a regular day, you’ll work with the product manager, the mobile developers (iOS and Android), the UI/UX designer, the Cloud backend developers, the IoT engineer and the CTO to bring on new features, resolve issues and propose enhancements.
You will be involved in various stages of the project, from the requirement analysis to its delivery and production. You will also be involved in contributing to improving features and the overall design of the Platform.
As a founding member of the team, you will have the opportunity to take a leadership role, whether it be as a team lead, technology advocate or driving topics that help support your colleagues, customers and the organization.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a mid-level Web Frontend Developer with experience using Typescript and Angular who can hit the ground running.
You are passionate about writing simple, clean, and efficient code and are a strong team-player and communicator.
You are comfortable with English (written and spoken) and working in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
You are autonomous, eager to collaborate and not scared to share opinions.
You will need:
- 3+ years’ experience as web frontend engineer, coding with Typescript, with 1+ year experience on Angular.
- 2+ years’ experience on RESTful API client.
- 2+ years’ experience in NoSQL databases (Firestore, MongoDB)
- 2+ years’ experience on responsive app and framework (Bootstrap, …)
- Experience on MVC, MVVM and/or MVI application architecture
- Experience in packaging app component for reusability (npm packages)
- A good understanding of CI/CD.
- Troubleshooting experience.
It would be a plus to have:
- Experience working with various Cloud client SDK, such as Firebase (Authentication, Firestore, Cloud Storage, Cloud Functions) and MongoDB Atlas (Realm)
- Experience on Apple Watch companion app and Apple Car apps
- An appetite for UI/UX and an understanding of best practices for app interactions.
Our technology stack:
Current stack (GCP / MongoDB Atlas)
- Authentication: Google Identity Platform, but we are migrating to Auth0
- Databases: Firestore, but we are migrating to MongoDB.
- Public/Private API Endpoints: Node/Express docker containers run via Google Cloud Run.
- Message Queuing: Pub/Sub.
- Event triggered functions: Google Cloud Function.
- Storage: Google Cloud Storage.
- iOS: Native SwiftUI iOS app (iPhone, Apple Watch, and later iPad)
- Android: Native Kotlin App (Phone, and later wearable and tablet)
- Web: React / Angular.
- Embedded Android apps
Our working environment
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy work environment.
Although we all work remotely, occasional team meetups might be planned either in Bulgaria or other EU countries, so we need you to be ok with occasional travel. This would be during normal weekdays.
We use Microsoft Teams for collaborating, and GitHub for code source management, Jira and Confluence for project management and documentation. We plan to offer access to Udemy eLearning platform for those looking to develop new skills.
We use agile methodology with 1-week sprints and daily 30 minutes scrums.
– – –
If this sounds like your background and experience, we look forward to meeting you!
At Eastvantage, our mission is to create meaningful jobs. Through our portfolio of premium and select clients, we provide careers that are knowledge-based, inspiring, and always with the potential for development and growth.
We are an independently-owned outsourcing company with European roots, servicing global companies that have offices in every populated continent in the world. We have been in the industry for a decade, growing from a handful to over 1,000 happy employees over the years.
We invite you to navigate our site to get to know who we are, to see what sets us apart in culture and thinking. Because of this, we carefully select who we work with, both customers and co-workers, which is why people happily stick with us for a wonderful amount of time. We hope to convince you to apply with us and be part of our success story.