Why this role is important to us?
We have completed the first wave of implementation of Workday in Finance and are now looking to enhance our finance related processes and get the most value out of our new ERP system.
As Finance Application Consultant, you will support Finance teams across the world in using
Workday as a driver for developing and implementing best-practice finance processes and enabling operational excellence across all processes anchored in Finance. You will serve Global Finance colleagues as Workday support when it comes to process improvements and incident solving, in close cooperation with the other Corporate Functions (Services, HR and IT), and ensure that we get the most value for money out of Workday.
This includes using Workday as a leverage for standardization, simplification, centralization, and
automation of finance processes as well as ensuring efficient and effective operational processes around the Workday application. You will drive the system configuration of enhancements and be hands-on in terms of solving small scale process improvements while collaborating closely with finance colleagues globally, to ensure a successful Workday adoption.
What you will be responsible for?
• Support development and implementation of best practice finance processes around the
Workday Finance application in close cooperation with the other Corporate Functions
• Ensure adoption of business processes in Workday and promote usage of the application,
through documentation, training, and effective communication
• Conduct continuous reviews of finance processes and identify opportunities for improvement
with the aim of optimizing processes towards standardization, simplification, centralization, and
• Work on implementing the backlog of ideas, change requests, new releases, and enhancements
• Ensure efficient Workday operational processes within finance, and coordinate with other Corporate Functions where needed
• Provide increased focus on process documentation in terms of flow charts, process descriptions and user guides
What we value (our requirements)
• An academic degree in finance or IT
• Strong knowledge of Workday Finance (minimum 2 years of Workday experience)
• At least 3 years work experience within finance or ERP support
• Experience with business- and finance process optimization
• Sound knowledge of operational processes in finance
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills, bridging IT, business and Finance
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Workday administration or configuration experience is a big plus