About The Role
Eastvantage is a Global business solutions company enabling offshore operations, from startups to large corporations worldwide for more than a decade. We have proudly grown from a handful to over a thousand happy employees over the years.
We are looking for someone who will be coordinating and managing international events happening in India and around the Asia Pacific and Gulf regions for one of our US based clients. They are a non-profit organization founded in 1930 in the US to promote the science and education of geophysics.
About the role:
You will in charge of planning, managing, and carrying out all parts of domestic and worldwide meetings, events, conferences, and workshops involving Geophysicists from across the globe. Coordination with vendors, contractors, and clients, budget management, food and beverage service arrangements, and event logistics will be required.
Oversee and manage all areas of event planning, including site evaluations and budget creation, as well as vendor negotiations and logistics.
Serve as the primary point of contact for hotel or venue personnel; address any concerns and answer visitors’ questions.
Handle all aspects of food and beverage for assigned events, including ordering, contract negotiation, and on-site supervision.
For each event, create interim and final budget reports, review and reconcile billings, assign proper accounting codes and recommend their approval or resolve errors to protect branch and client’s financial obligations.
Establish and maintain connections with vendors to ensure they understand and can meet clients’ specs and logistics requirements.
Assist the branch and client meetings departments in developing a memorandum of agreement (MOA) outlining each organizer’s obligations.
Assist in the recruitment of volunteers to participate in organizing and technical committees for assigned meetings and conferences.
Contribute significantly to the identification and acquisition of event sponsorship possibilities.
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant event management experience, preferably in the Middle East.
· An associate degree in meetings/destination management or a qualification in hospitality management, with a focus on event management, is preferred.
· Proven ability to create and execute strategic and operational event management plans, as well as correctly measure results.
· Experience investigating strategic connections and developing ties with event organizers and suppliers.
· Strong capacity to operate under pressure and for lengthy periods of time, including weekends during events.
· Manage and utilize the available resources to the best possible way.
· Outstanding time management and task management abilities.
· Microsoft Office proficiency is required.
· Database input and information retrieval skills are required.
· Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
At Eastvantage, our mission is to create meaningful jobs. Through our portfolio of premium and select clients, we provide careers that are knowledge-based, inspiring, and always with the potential for development and growth.
We are an independently-owned outsourcing company with European roots, servicing global companies that have offices in every populated continent in the world. We have been in the industry for a decade, growing from a handful to over 1,000 happy employees over the years.
We invite you to navigate our site to get to know who we are, to see what sets us apart in culture and thinking. Because of this, we carefully select who we work with, both customers and co-workers, which is why people happily stick with us for a wonderful amount of time. We hope to convince you to apply with us and be part of our success story.