Many companies today engage managed service providers (MSPs) as a strategy to reduce costs and minimize risks. However, one can only be assured of optimized benefits if an MSP has operational excellence instilled in the company culture. A company in the market for an MSP should therefore take this into careful consideration before contracting a provider.
Here are five qualities you should look for in an MSP to ensure it will achieve operational excellence before you seal the deal:
- Customer-centric. Has a genuine commitment to creating the best customer journey and to meeting your business growth goals
- Transparent. Honest and open so that there is a full understanding of all facets to realizing mutually beneficial results
- Clear and focused. Sets specific, measurable, achievable, and time-bound metrics tailor-fit to your needs
- Fosters team empowerment. Equips team members with the right tools and processes and provides a conducive work environment and necessary training and development so that they are motivated to deliver the best value for your business
- Has a growth mindset. Willing to evolve and and innovate to satisfy your needs by encouraging fresh perspective, being open to doing things differently, learning from mistakes and overcoming deficiencies, and pursuing continuous improvement
To sum it up, the key to operational excellence especially in managed services is consistent alignment of capabilities to processes. It is not only about aiming to reduce costs and increase productivity in the workplace but achieving long-term sustainable growth for both the client and the provider. Choosing an MSP with a culture geared toward this end should ensure a most beneficial partnership.
About the author:
Sipin Sidharthan, Eastvantage Head of Operations, is an experienced leader with a demonstrated history of working in the outsourcing/offshoring industry. He honed his skills in service delivery, customer relationship management (CRM), offshoring, and workforce management, from over 17 years of working with contact centers and IT companies. Sipin oversees the Business Partners and coordinates with Business Development, Recruitment, HR, ICT, Finance, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery by client teams and overall operational excellence.
Eastvantage works with companies in a wide spectrum of industries to achieve operational excellence through its managed services.