By Joemark Delima
Let’s face it – your people’s data are like hard-earned dollars which should be kept safe and secure in a bank. Your company’s Human Resource Information System (HRIS) holds the key to your people’s data realm. Ensuring that this valuable information is accurate, secure, and compliant is crucial for your business’s success. Here are the three tips to help you achieve optimum HRIS data integrity.
- Subscribe to the credo “Less is more.” Think of your HRIS as a vault, and its data as treasures you need to protect. The fewer people who can enter this vault, the higher your security level. Thus, limit access to your HRIS on a need-to-know basis.
- Customize your security level hierarchy set-up. Establish a security hierarchy suitable to your line of business. Here’s the common HRIS security level hierarchy:
- Super Admin. Full control over all functionalities, with the ability to configure the system, manage users, and set up access levels.
- HR Managers or HRIS Admin. Visibility to enter and edit data.
- Operations with business needs-to-know. Access for data analysis and reporting.
- Manager Self-Service (MSS). View of direct reports’ information for purposes of approvals of employee requests for leaves and personal or job information changes.
- Employee Self-Service (ESS). Limited to view of own personal information for purposes of filing requests for leaves and personal or job data changes.
- Ensure you have reliable and trustworthy HRIS guardians. The reliability and trustworthiness of your HRIS are based on the accuracy, security, and compliance of the data it holds. It is therefore crucial that you have reliable and trustworthy HR and IT professionals who are responsible for uploading, maintaining, and ensuring the safety and security of your people’s data. Further, they should not only serve as guardians of your data integrity but also in keeping your HRIS system up-to-date and compliant with changing regulations.
Incorporating simplicity, customization, and trustworthiness into your HRIS strategy is a powerful combination for enhanced data protection, effective data management, and compliance.
Joemark is the HR Projects and Service Delivery Officer at Eastvantage. He has been in the Global HR realm since 2015. He’s in charge of HR Data Analytics, HR Transformation and Automation, and HRIS Full Admin. Being a part of a Fortune 500 bank once, Joe, as he is fondly called, has a strong sense of integrity.