The automation of Human Resource (HR) processes has become a priority for many companies worldwide particularly due to the continued adoption of remote work. However, as HR needs to involve human interaction in the day-to-day operations to be effective, it is unlikely that all HR processes can be fully automated. Nevertheless, many HR manual processes can be streamlined through automation to increase efficiency like the following:
- Onboarding. An online HR Information System (HRIS) allows for seamless remote onboarding of new hires. Necessary employee data such as personal information, contact details, payroll information, and other important details may be collected and stored in the company’s secure database. All pre-employment requirements can be uploaded to the system as well. Onboarding and training schedules and reminders may be communicated automatically. This ensures completion of requisite employee submissions in a convenient, timely, and safe manner.
- Signing of Employment-related Documents. An eSignature platform facilitates the sending, receiving, and managing of documents that need legally-binding signatures. The use of an online signing tool can cut the completion of document signing by 50%. It also saves costs, and reduces carbon footprint.
- Timekeeping. There are different employee time tracking solutions in the market today. If the company has the inhouse resources, a tool may also be developed customized to its needs. Such a tool provides employees and management alike an easily accessible way to keep track of attendance. Ideal features of a good timekeeping platform are: online time in and out, online application and approvals of vacation/sick leaves and personal time-off, and provision for easy team collaboration.
- Payroll. Also widely available in the market are payroll systems. Aside from payroll computation, these platforms can include features such as the automatic sending of paychecks, computation of salary changes, and recording of tasks related to employee pay. Make sure you choose a system that can be integrated with your HRIS and can be customized to take into account local compliance.
- Tax Forms Preparation. The preparation of tax forms is a tedious task. Automating this can take a big burden off your HR and Accounting staff. It also reduces errors.
- Benefits Management. Providing employee self-service tools reduces time spent by HR on administrative tasks. Such tools also facilitate the process of monitoring and availment of benefits.
- Announcements and Email Reminders. Regular internal announcements and email reminders can be automated to ensure timeliness.
- Training and Development. Having training modules available online allows employees to take control of their upskilling schedule and development. A good platform will help in the management and tracking of employee training and skill sets, as well.
- Offboarding. Scheduling exit interviews, removing access, request and release of clearance papers, and organizational restructuring can now be automated.
- Rewards Availment. Instead of physical rewards, companies can now partner with eGift providers. This offers employees the liberty to redeem or spend to buy gifts of their choice for oneself or for others from rewards points earned. The convenience, suitability, and variety can also make the rewards more enticing to employees and motivate them to perform better to earn more rewards points.
Automating HR tasks has many benefits including cost and time savings and improved security and efficiency. The process of automating manual tasks may disrupt operations though. Minimize any negative impact to your operations by engaging an experienced partner with digital transformation expertise.